Gig Harbor got a substantial amount of snow over the weekend of Feb 9-11. Have the pictures showing 11″ of snow that stuck around for almost 10 days. Snow drifts from the even were still visible in till about March 15th.
The snow did a number on our the trees and plants in our yard.
3 trees that we will miss
- Coral Maple in the center area, Split into thirds due to the weight of the snow on its branches. We lost several other branches on the 4 remaining Coral maples. I started knocking the snow of starting Feb 10
- Leland cypress by fire pit. This was a 12 ” diameter almost 30′ tree that tilted over due to the weight of the snow. Totally uprooted
- Leland Cypress by raise vegetable hillside, inside the dog wire. This was a smaller 7″ diameter tree about 20′ tall. Was part of shielding the yard from the neighbors.
We lost additional trees, and branches around the yard
- 10″ dia. 24′ cottonwood behind studio
- 3″ dia. 14′ small Spruce by studio walkway, also damaged a few branches of the Leland Cypress beside it.
- 3″ dia. 18′ small cottonwood on way to septic area
- 4″ dia. 22′ small cottonwood on way to septic area, total of two
- 10″ dia. 45′ Douglas Fir just north of the property line by walk to septic leaning against other trees in the area.
- 6″ dia. 20′ Cherry tree by fire pit tilted over to into the scrub brush.
- 4″ branch from a Douglas fir in the wood fall by the fire pit
- 4″ dia 14′ dead maple finally came down by french drain
- 5″ dia 18′ weakened maple on walk to Staging area
- 3″dia Dead Maple over firewood in Staging area
- 5″ Cottonwood by well
- 4″ Cottonwood by well
- Large 4″ diva. maple branch by fern area
- Tall, not very healthy looking maple to the west of the well, lost a large branch, which is still partially attached.